Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Edison's new toys... Legos and more

Now for the fun stuff... my toys...

After we've gotten our furniture and Puo Puo has left to go help Gong Gong and Yee Yee (that's what they kept telling me so I would not be so sad when she leaves to go back to NY.)

Mommy and Daddy take me almost every weekend to the mall - CityPlaza! - because the mall is literally around the corner and Daddy likes to know every inch of what is around us. There's a great food court and and year round indoor ice skating rink too!

Anyway... can I say that I have more Legos now. But these Legos are cars! Lego cars. I'm not sure if NY had them or not really because Mommy and Daddy only took me to Toys R' Us once in my life... and that was only because the Pre-School of America pumpkin picking field trip was cancelled. The Lego cars have that feature where you pull back on the car and it goes on it's own! I've been to the toystore more times in one month here than my whole life! I guess it is good to be in Hong Kong!

Of course I have to be a good boy to get new toys... and you know I am...
: )

We've found that 2 of the big department stores here are Japanese - so what does that mean?
Cool robot toys! There sale on these robot toys, so for US$3 Mommy and Daddy bought these robot Zoids. Have not idea what they are, but apparently Daddy likes putting them together... because after the first 3, he and Mommy bought like 10 more.
Anyway, after you put them together you can wind them up and they walk like windup toys or drive like cars. We even have one that floats in water... Mommy figured even though they bought so many, they could be saved for later... little did she know that Daddy would go and build half of them in one day. I think Daddy likes these Zoids more than I do, he said Uncle D and Uncle Andrew would love them. The only thing is there are these decal stickers to put on... they're so tiny that Daddy says he leaves them for Mommy because Mommy loves to do that detailed stuff. Well, I think she does, except these are so tiny it was driving her crazy. She stopped after the first one. Daddy was so excited, he said that the Zoid looked so much cooler... but laughed because he could see where Mommy got tired of putting on the stickers... some started going crooked. So, this is what they do when I'm sleeping. Don't you wonder how I am a normal boy...

The same day we bought the Zoids, I picked a "carpark" with ramps and all - for my many cars... Daddy put that together while I was out with Mommy, then left Mommy to do stickers again. She only put on half the stickers because everything on it was so busy it made her dizzy. Of course when I find the unused stickers I make her put them on anyway. From looking at the stickers I know immediately where some of them go, my Mommy is so proud of her little boy.

Another day, we bought a scooter too. I think Daddy always wanted a scooter or something, because Daddy lugged around this scooter through the mall when all we needed to buy were bubbles and a badminton set. He usually will consciously NOT carry things if he doesn't have to. Anyway, I haven't used it outside yet... but I can use it in the hallway if I like in the apartment. It's not far, but it works.

The most fun thing I have is probably my bicycle. Our new apartment actually has a park right nearby... one with only children's playgrounds and the other with a bicycle path around the soccer field and basketball courts. Mommy picked a not too sunny day and took me to the park. That day was to also give Daddy a break and let Daddy sleep in some, since he wakes up every morning to get me ready for school. I did such a good job! I actually road on my own, with training wheels of course... so much that Mommy chased me part way and her heart would skip a beat if I started not going straight. When we got home, the first thing she said to Daddy was he needed to start looking for a helmet. My mommy just loves me so.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]