Friday, March 31, 2006

 

School - rough at first, but it gets better

Lots have happened this month!

Let me try to summarize... school... it came in like a Lion but went out like a Lamb - just like the Month of March they say.

I don't like school... but my Puo Puo has helped me going to school almost everyday and packing me lunch. She stays with me through naptime which is a madhouse between lunch and naptime. My Puo Puo also bought me my own pillow with a train on it... it's one of those Japanese Sanrio trains. Then she bought a nice comfy blanket and made it into a sleeping bag for me... I love it.

I even eat better at lunch because Puo Puo packs me a chow faan almost every day. Not like the one time Daddy ordered me chicken feet for lunch, because he didn't have time to translate the menu. Silly Daddy.

School hadn't been as fun as Ms. Lynday's class and I wanted to go back home almost everyday. Here they make me sit down at a desk... plus Mommy doesn't approve of the crayons they give me. She's worried they're toxic... because they aren't Crayola... silly Mommy.

I didn't want my Puo Puo to leave...
After Puo Puo left, it was just Daddy and Mommy in the morning. By now, I'm taking the bus by myself... I cry initially almost every morning that I didn't want to goto school and would cry when they waved to me on the bus. My Mommy was so sad that I was sad. But the bus ladies are really nice to me and try to comfort me.

It was very hard for me, no friends and no one really speaks English except in English class of course. I have learned some Cantonese, but Mommy has no idea what I've learned in Manderin class. Then one day, school sent home a book and I showed her I could read it all. Flower, Rain, Grass, Colored Easter egg... I am begining to read my Chinese characters too! Mommy and Daddy are so proud... they have me read over the phone to my Yie Yie and Nai Nai.

I even earned a "super star" for being a good boy in school... before that they sent home an update to Mommy and Daddy that I needed improvement for my politeness and discipline... what does school expect Mommy and Daddy laughed as Edison is new and has no idea what Chinese class is saying... They love me so and protect me so. They know that I am one of sweetest little boys, kind and considerate. But anyway now, I've improved of course because I know what they are saying and I am a kind and considerate boy.

It's funny when Chinese class sends home notices, Mommy brings them to work so that her co-worker can help translate.

Oh and there was a performance that I was in too. I was a butterfly that fluttered to flowers. I was the best one Daddy said. Of course, I'm supposed to smell all the flowers and the only one who was difficult was Dennis. Mean Dennis. But I had lots of fun anyway. Daddy came to school to watch me in the performance... wasn't totally happy yet so cried a little when he left.

Then there was the field trip to Hong Kong Park - that was lots of fun. I saw fish and turtles. Climbed around in the park. Daddy went with me, so when I got home I couldn't wait to tell Mommy how the turtles waddled like penguins and I showed Mommy how the fish swam.

Another day we had a "Sports Day." It was sooooo hot. Or maybe it was just me. I ran a relay race. I didn't run like my usual la la la - prance prance prance. My team came in first that race! We beat out the blue team of tall pretty boys. (I am the littlest in my class.) I also did an egg race... that was fun, I kept dropping the egg. There was also a 3 legged race that I got to do with my Daddy. By the second to last race... it was so silly. They made me wear a Santa Clause hat and run a race. Silly me ran directly to the right where the soccer balls were, instead of straight. Daddy was laughing... I'm such a silly boy. Did I mention that our team had 3 kids because 2 didn't come to the event. Our team had to run extra legs... so I decided by this race I wasn't going to be a sucker anymore and I run extra times. I already did that. So I just stood my ground and shook my head. Anyway the last time I ran, I was walking by the end... so hot and so tired. Daddy says I'm just like Mommy. When the sun is out and I get too warm - I don't want to do anything... just like Mommy. (except Mommy gets extra grumpy... silly Mommy.)

In the end... my Puo Puo being here really helped me get through school, now I do everything without crying. And... I've made some friends and learned lots of new things.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]