Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

No school - so it's just me and Daddy...

I have 2 weeks off from school... I actually miss it.
Don't tell Mommy or Daddy, but I think I might actually like being in school and learning.

Mommy has taken some days off from work too, so that we can spend more time while I'm on vacation... but most of the days it's just me and my Daddy.

I haven't been a very good boy - not tired enough to take my nap. Daddy can't take me bicycling anymore because I think it is just too bumpy and refuse to go... plus the last time I was outside riding less than a block it was way too hot to do anything outside. Daddy did try to bribe me today with bowling... I'll tell you about that later.

Yesterday, Daddy said it was naptime. So he left me in my room to sleep. Since I go to my bathroom myself now... when I need to go I go. Sometimes my clothes get wet, but usually Mommy or Daddy are there to help. Anyway, since I was supposed to be sleeping by myself, I didn't bother Daddy about the bathroom. Of course, this time I did get my clothes wet... so now then I had to change my clothes.

Daddy heard me in my bedroom and a creaking sound from the dresser drawer - so he knew I wasn't in bed. When he came in... he found that I had turned on my bed light, had my new books laying across my bed and I was standing in my skivvies. My clothes were wet so I was putting on new clean dry clothes, when Daddy found me. Of course - he couldn't be mad because I was doing everything on my own... including reading quietly and changing my wet clothes.

Today, to get me to nap - Daddy said if I was a good boy and took my nap he would take me bowling in the arcade at the Mall. It's not real bowling like Gong Gong does, but it works for me. Anyway, I took about an hour and a half before I decided to take my nap. Since I haven't taken a nap in so long... Daddy just let me sleep. So I slept right to dinner time.
I wake up... ok bowling time now.
Daddy wants to tell me I can't go now... so we both call Mommy at work. (Because we do what Mommy says.) I explain to Mommy that I have taken my nap and have done a "super job" so I get to go bowling. Mommy starts telling me it's mum mum time and too late. No fair... I took my nap and now no bowling?!
I don't think so...
Mommy and Daddy do some deliberating... it's not rocket science. Daddy said he would take me bowling if I napped. I napped, so it's bowling time... basically Daddy's bribe backfired.
In the end, I took my nap so Daddy took me bowling.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]