Sunday, April 09, 2006

 

A Toy-free weekend!

Mommy is so proud - we made it through a weekend without toys and pretty much no TV.
This was a very good weekend. I rode my bicycle Saturday morning and showed Daddy how fast I can go. Mommy kept racing after me... her heart was racing that I might fall. Poor Mommy, she just loves me so and doesn't want me to get any boo boos. Then Mommy and I bought groceries, and I was a very good boy! Mommy was so impressed that I didn't grab everything off the shelves... I don't think I cried at all that Saturday... what a good day.

Then on Sunday Mommy played cars with me all morning... while Daddy slept.

Right before naptime - Mommy decided have me make dumplings with her. Daddy didn't even know that Mommy could make them. I had lots of fun making them. First Mommy showed me one, then I followed. Take the wonton skin, put a scoop of meat in the center, put egg around the edges and fold. Mine folded like a square crepe... and the meat was falling out - but I did it myself! I think I made about 8 or 10. Mommy's going to have to try another filling though... if you know what I mean... but I guess it's her first time making them too.

At dinner time, I ate my whole meal with chopsticks! (Well except the rice that was on my shirt, my shorts, the chair and the floor.) It didn't even take me that long - Mommy and Daddy were so impressed. I guess I must have been hungry... because I even at the mapo tofu that Mommy made... it doesn't taste bad, I just don't like the texture of tofu. Mommy and Daddy are bewildered at the fact that I don't like tofu and think it must be the texture, because it hardly has any taste. I know Mommy tries to mix it all up in my rice - but I see it, even if it is the size of a baby pea. I try to scoop my rice around it.

All in all - I think it was a very good day... and without one toy (the balloon I asked Mommy to but doesn't really count, because I've forgotten all about it anyway.)





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]