Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Where's the Soda??
So we have a routine now... KaoFu picks me up from school and we have dinner together, while Mommy and Daddy sometimes work through dinner.
Mommy and Daddy usually don't let me have too much soda. They tell me it's not good for me (even though I know Daddy sometimes drinks it like water...) Mommy doesn't buy soda on purpose, so there is no opportunity. But since KaoFu is here, it is a special occasion and we have some soda in the apartment.
Anyway, on one of our usual dinner days... Mommy comes home and is talking to KaoFu. Then KaoFu gets this perplexed look mid-sentence. He could have sworn he had a sip of soda left. Then they both look at me. "Edison... did you drink KaoFu's soda?" Long pause... no real answer. Not a true denial, not a true yes. Maybe KaoFu was imagining things.
An hour later... Daddy calls on the phone. He's telling us what time he will be home and asks if I've been a good boy... at which point I blurt out, as though I've been waiting to tell my secret to somebody "I drank KaoFu's soda... I did it."
As much as my Daddy and I fight, I guess I can still tell him anything. Mommy and Daddy hope that I will continue through my teen years I will be still able to tell them anything...
By the way - Mommy just realized the story might have been for milk tea and not soda, but that's ok - you get the idea...
Mommy and Daddy usually don't let me have too much soda. They tell me it's not good for me (even though I know Daddy sometimes drinks it like water...) Mommy doesn't buy soda on purpose, so there is no opportunity. But since KaoFu is here, it is a special occasion and we have some soda in the apartment.
Anyway, on one of our usual dinner days... Mommy comes home and is talking to KaoFu. Then KaoFu gets this perplexed look mid-sentence. He could have sworn he had a sip of soda left. Then they both look at me. "Edison... did you drink KaoFu's soda?" Long pause... no real answer. Not a true denial, not a true yes. Maybe KaoFu was imagining things.
An hour later... Daddy calls on the phone. He's telling us what time he will be home and asks if I've been a good boy... at which point I blurt out, as though I've been waiting to tell my secret to somebody "I drank KaoFu's soda... I did it."
As much as my Daddy and I fight, I guess I can still tell him anything. Mommy and Daddy hope that I will continue through my teen years I will be still able to tell them anything...
By the way - Mommy just realized the story might have been for milk tea and not soda, but that's ok - you get the idea...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]