Thursday, June 01, 2006
What a considerate boy...
One morning I was giving Daddy and Mommy a hard time over breakfast. I wouldn't eat my meal. I could tell Daddy was getting frustrated and then Mommy immediately took over... I still wasn't as cooperative, but at least I finished my cup of milk.
So I declare to Mommy - "I'm a good boy!"
She looks at me and says, "Well... kind of, but not really because you only drank your milk and didn't eat your french toast, plus you made Daddy sad for not eating breakfast."
I sit and think for a second, then get up and go to Daddy in the kitchen.
Daddy kneels down, I sit in his lap and tell him, "I'm sorry."
What a sweet boy, Mommy and Daddy think to themselves - how can we stay upset.
Another morning we were waiting for my school bus. Daddy went to get coffee. When he came back - I always like to press the little raised buttons on the drink covers. Daddy tells me this is hot and not to touch... but the urge is too strong. Mommy inadvertantly distracts Daddy to explain that I can read the character for cow's milk... and I go for the coffee cover... oops...
The coffee spills... there's a huge commotion.
Mommy's bag is wet, my bag is wet, everyone is looking... I get embarassed and hide grabbing hold of Mommy's leg.
Then... like a river meandering through mini-valleys, the coffee starts spreading and spreading. People start scattering to avoid the molten hot... coffee... come on! it was only coffee, boy people are overly sensitive. One lady was giving Mommy disapproving looks, and Mommy didn't care because there is no reason to get upset over spilt anything.
Anyway, Mommy wasn't upset at all... Daddy a little only because he lost his coffee.
The next day... when we were waiting at the bus stop, since it hadn't rain and the coffee wasn't washed away yet, we could see where and how far the coffee meandered. Mommy and Daddy never said anything to me directly about it... like chiding me or anything. But I went to my Daddy who was just sitting on the side and told him, "I'm sorry I spilled your coffee."
So you see, Mommy and Daddy didn't have to say anything to me, because I know what I did and admitted to it.
So I declare to Mommy - "I'm a good boy!"
She looks at me and says, "Well... kind of, but not really because you only drank your milk and didn't eat your french toast, plus you made Daddy sad for not eating breakfast."
I sit and think for a second, then get up and go to Daddy in the kitchen.
Daddy kneels down, I sit in his lap and tell him, "I'm sorry."
What a sweet boy, Mommy and Daddy think to themselves - how can we stay upset.
Another morning we were waiting for my school bus. Daddy went to get coffee. When he came back - I always like to press the little raised buttons on the drink covers. Daddy tells me this is hot and not to touch... but the urge is too strong. Mommy inadvertantly distracts Daddy to explain that I can read the character for cow's milk... and I go for the coffee cover... oops...
The coffee spills... there's a huge commotion.
Mommy's bag is wet, my bag is wet, everyone is looking... I get embarassed and hide grabbing hold of Mommy's leg.
Then... like a river meandering through mini-valleys, the coffee starts spreading and spreading. People start scattering to avoid the molten hot... coffee... come on! it was only coffee, boy people are overly sensitive. One lady was giving Mommy disapproving looks, and Mommy didn't care because there is no reason to get upset over spilt anything.
Anyway, Mommy wasn't upset at all... Daddy a little only because he lost his coffee.
The next day... when we were waiting at the bus stop, since it hadn't rain and the coffee wasn't washed away yet, we could see where and how far the coffee meandered. Mommy and Daddy never said anything to me directly about it... like chiding me or anything. But I went to my Daddy who was just sitting on the side and told him, "I'm sorry I spilled your coffee."
So you see, Mommy and Daddy didn't have to say anything to me, because I know what I did and admitted to it.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]