Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Is that your friend?

Now that Ms. Gloria and I get along more... I talk more freely.
In Hong Kong there are many domestic helpers, a majority of whom are Filipino.

I being a child... apparently notice that Filipino people don't look like Chinese people... and don't have an inkling to what is appropriate to say or not.
So, having spent much time with Ms. Gloria, and having become more and more comfortable...
I begin to ask her, at the sight of anyone Filipino...
Is that you friend? Go say hello... This goes on for nearly 2 weeks.

Then one weekend Ms. Gloria had a sporting event with her Teacher's association. Mommy and Daddy feel it is good for us to support Ms. Gloria, and plan to go to cheer her on.
We are the only family there, not suprisingly. But no matter we cheer Ms. Gloria on her racing as that is what we came to do. This is also where we get to meet Ms. Gloria's friends.
So now I don't ask so much now if the strangers on the street are her friends.

Funny how much a 3 year old can comprehend.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]