Monday, October 02, 2006
My Birthday is coming!!!
If you know my Mommy - you will notice that she has planned and worried more for my birthdays than she did for here wedding. Including a cake tasting for my second birthday, she didn't even do that for her own wedding cake. I think that birthday cake cost as much as her wedding cake...
My third birthday was a great big pumpkin cake and puppet show at a little quaint cottage in Central Park. On the way back from the cottage, when Mommy asked what cake I wanted, I said a pumpkin cake. She thought I would want a car or dinosaur - easy enough she thought, but a pumpkin? So she wanted to know why - I told her because "I'm her pumpkin boy." Of course at this comment, just any ordinary pumpkin cake would not do - it had to be the shape of a pumpkin and look like a pumpkin for her precious pumpkin boy. My Mommy went to many lengths searching and searching, but did it.
She just loves me so... so now what to do here in Hong Kong.
All the birthdays before, there's much family and friends - so never any worries over turnout. But in Hong Kong - we know only a handful of people.
At school I attend 2 sessions - in the morning "International" section and afternoon "Main" section. International teaches in English and Main teaches in Manderin. One class has 23 children, the other 27. So in total about 50 children will get invitations.
Mommy figures we will be lucky to have a dozen people.
My third birthday was a great big pumpkin cake and puppet show at a little quaint cottage in Central Park. On the way back from the cottage, when Mommy asked what cake I wanted, I said a pumpkin cake. She thought I would want a car or dinosaur - easy enough she thought, but a pumpkin? So she wanted to know why - I told her because "I'm her pumpkin boy." Of course at this comment, just any ordinary pumpkin cake would not do - it had to be the shape of a pumpkin and look like a pumpkin for her precious pumpkin boy. My Mommy went to many lengths searching and searching, but did it.
She just loves me so... so now what to do here in Hong Kong.
All the birthdays before, there's much family and friends - so never any worries over turnout. But in Hong Kong - we know only a handful of people.
At school I attend 2 sessions - in the morning "International" section and afternoon "Main" section. International teaches in English and Main teaches in Manderin. One class has 23 children, the other 27. So in total about 50 children will get invitations.
Mommy figures we will be lucky to have a dozen people.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]