Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Oh Christmas tree??
This year I asked Mommy for a Christmas tree. Upon this request she pulled out the mini SILVER Christmas tree from New York, as with a small apartment in NY there isn't much room. Plus it didn't look so small when I was 1 year old.
I was so excited to put up a "Christmas tree"... but after putting it together it just didn't seem like the nice big full green festive beautiful Christmas trees that my Pau Pau has every year.
So I said I want a GREEN one and BIG one.
Mommy's little 2 foot silver Christmas tree wouldn't be too festive especially for having Pau Pau, Kao Fu and Yee Yee flying across so many miles to come to Hong Kong.
What the heck was Mommy thinking?
So we went to Toys R' Us for really last minute shopping, by far not Mommy's first choice... but its very limited where to get a tree in Hong Kong the week before Christmas I suppose.
We actually got the "last one" tree. Mommy was just coming back from being away a week in Korea and Philippines... so I guess it's understandable that we didn't have the best choice - but lucky we found one.
The tree originally started looking like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, very sad and in need of lots of help... verge of pathetic. Our ornaments were last minute Toys R' Us plastic ones from China, which still bother Mommy now. We have nice ones - just not in Hong Kong... guess Mommy will have to remember to bring them for next time.
Then with a few more lights and ornaments, it became a respectable tree. I guess our love and attention did the trick. Though, the lights have a way of flashing that make everyone dizzy.
Yes, Mommy and Daddt love me so.
I was so excited to put up a "Christmas tree"... but after putting it together it just didn't seem like the nice big full green festive beautiful Christmas trees that my Pau Pau has every year.
So I said I want a GREEN one and BIG one.
Mommy's little 2 foot silver Christmas tree wouldn't be too festive especially for having Pau Pau, Kao Fu and Yee Yee flying across so many miles to come to Hong Kong.
What the heck was Mommy thinking?
So we went to Toys R' Us for really last minute shopping, by far not Mommy's first choice... but its very limited where to get a tree in Hong Kong the week before Christmas I suppose.
We actually got the "last one" tree. Mommy was just coming back from being away a week in Korea and Philippines... so I guess it's understandable that we didn't have the best choice - but lucky we found one.
The tree originally started looking like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, very sad and in need of lots of help... verge of pathetic. Our ornaments were last minute Toys R' Us plastic ones from China, which still bother Mommy now. We have nice ones - just not in Hong Kong... guess Mommy will have to remember to bring them for next time.
Then with a few more lights and ornaments, it became a respectable tree. I guess our love and attention did the trick. Though, the lights have a way of flashing that make everyone dizzy.
Yes, Mommy and Daddt love me so.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]